ComparePDF vs. DiffPDF
ComparePDF is much faster & outputs better PDF reports
ComparePDF is much faster and outputs
better PDF reports compared to DiffPDF. So, if you don't need to run on 32-bit
Windows and don't need the DiffPDF options that aren't supported by
ComparePDF, then ComparePDF is the best PDF comparison software to use.
And if you require a console-command line-tool, use our comparepdfcmd application.
ComparePDF is less popular and has fewer features than DiffPDF.
ComparePDF shows PDF difference reports in your default PDF reader
rather than in its own window.
ComparePDF runs only on 64-bit Windows; DiffPDF runs on
32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
ComparePDF doesn't support the Pairs option, password-protected
PDFs, text format reports, or custom colors; DiffPDF supports all these.
ComparePDF Words mode comparisons are at least twice as fast
as DiffPDF, and can be three, four, or more times faster; other
comparison modes are also faster than DiffPDF.
ComparePDF outputs better PDF reports than
Main differences between ComparePDF and DiffPDF
- ComparePDF runs at least twice (2x) as fast as DiffPDF (i.e.,
takes half the time to compare) for Words mode comparisons. In some cases
the speedup is 3x, 4x, or more. Characters mode comparisons are also
much faster, and Appearance mode comparisons a little faster.
- ComparePDF's PDF reports include the original pages (not just
“photographs” of them), so they can be viewed clearly at any zoom
level and are therefore better than those produced by DiffPDF.
(However, ComparePDF's reports always show different pages side-by-side;
DiffPDF does this too, but can also show just one PDF's pages.)
- For text mode comparisons the Standard algorithm and the
Multi-Column algorithm are almost identical to DiffPDF. The Special
algorithm is different and designed to be as fast as possible.
- Appearance mode comparisons use a subtly improved algorithm.
- ComparePDF uses much less memory than DiffPDF, although this may
only make a difference for very large PDFs (>200MB).
- The license key is stored in a plain text file called
(By contrast, DiffPDF stores the key in the Registry.)
- Configuration options are stored in a comparepdf.ini file
(rather than the Registry).
- ComparePDF only runs on 64-bit Windows.
- ComparePDF does not support DiffPDF's Pairs option.
- ComparePDF does not support the
following DiffPDF features, but may support them in a future
release if there's sufficient customer interest:
- Passwords so that password-protected PDFs can be compared.
- Reports in .csv, .json, and .xml
- User-specifiable cosmetics (e.g., customizable highlighting
Your Privacy •
Copyright © 2006 Qtrac Ltd.
All Rights Reserved.