comparepdfcmd vs. diffpdc
comparepdfcmd is much faster & outputs better PDF reports
comparepdfcmd is much faster and
outputs better PDF reports than diffpdfc.
So, if you don't need to run on 32-bit Windows and don't need the
pairs option, then comparepdfcmd is the best
console–command line–PDF comparison software to use. And if
you require an easy-to-use graphical user interface (GUI) tool, use our
comparepdfcmd words-mode comparisons are at least twice as fast
as diffpdfc, and can be three, four, or more times faster; other
comparison modes are also faster than diffpdfc.
comparepdfcmd outputs better PDF reports than
comparepdfcmd runs only on 64-bit Windows; diffpdfc has packages
for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
comparepdfcmd doesn't support the pairs option,
whereas diffpdfc does.
Main differences between comparepdfcmd and diffpdfc
- comparepdfcmd runs at least twice (2x) as fast as diffpdfc (i.e.,
takes half the time to compare) for words mode comparisons. In some cases
the speedup is 3x, 4x, or more. Characters mode comparisons are also
much faster, and Appearance mode comparisons a little faster.
- comparepdfcmd's PDF reports include the original pages (not just
“photographs” of them), so they can be viewed clearly at any zoom
level and are therefore better than those produced by diffpdfc.
- For text mode comparisons the standard algorithm (diffpdfc's
algorithm #5) and the multicolumn algorithm (diffpdfc's #7) are
almost identical to diffpdfc. The special algorithm (diffpdfc's
#6) is different and designed to be as fast as possible.
- Appearance mode comparisons use a subtly improved algorithm.
- comparepdfcmd uses much less memory than diffpdfc, although this may
only make a difference for very large PDFs (>200MB).
- Report .csv output now quotes all text fields.
(diffpdfc 5.8.2 and later can produce matching output using the “new
CSV format” option.)
- Highlighting for text mode comparisons color codes the kinds of changes
(inserts, deletions, replacements); (diffpdfc can do this using the
- The Windows Registry is not used at all.
- The license key is stored in a plain text file called
(By contrast, diffpdfc stores the key in the Registry.)
- Configuration options are stored in .ini files (rather than
- Return values are different. For comparepdfcmd they are:
(These are accessible in .bat files as
- No errors; no differences detected;
- No errors; differences detected;
- The --pages2 option's default is the same as
--pages1 (in diffpdfc its default is all pages).
||All pages compared|
||All PDF#1's pages compared with the specified pages in PDF#2
||The specified pages in PDF#1 compared with the same
pages in PDF#2|
||The specified pages in PDF#1 compared with the specifed pages in
- comparepdfcmd only runs on 64-bit Windows.
- comparepdfcmd does not support
diffpdfc's pairs mode.
- comparepdfcmd allows excluded margins to be specified on the command
line (unlike diffpdfc), well as in .ini configuration
Your Privacy •
Copyright © 2006 Qtrac Ltd.
All Rights Reserved.